Thursday, August 5, 2010

‘Milan Told Me That I Am Too Expensive’ - Bastos





ITALY‘S biggest three clubs are in race for Bastos.

Reports claimed Italian giants Juventus F.C. and Inter Milan are fighting head-to-head for Michel Bastos, but new revelations suggest also AC Milan have joined the battle for the Brazilian.

Luigi Del Neri is looking for a left-back as Fabio Grosso looks set to leave the club after one very unconvincing season, while Rafa Benitez would need the 27-year-old if Maicon is sold and therefore he will attack through the left rather than through Maicon’s side.

Luca Antonini is doing a great job in the left-back position and if Milan offload Marek Jankulovski they would use the player as Ronaldinho’s replacement on the left wing and when necessary as left-back instead of Antonini.

However, Bastos has revealed Milan told him he’s too expensive: “There is a long time until the transfer market closes on August 31,” he told the French newspaper L’Equipe.

“Right now I am concentrated on Lyon, as I have not received any offers. I only read stories in the newspaper. In any case, if the club wants to sell me, they ought to say so.

“During the Emirates Cup someone from Milan told me that I am too expensive. Perhaps that means they already spoke to the Lyon directors.”

No comments:

Post a Comment